In this course you will discover how a database can benefit both you and your architecture, whatever the programming language, operating system, or application type you use. In this course, explore options that range from personal desktop databases to large-scale geographically distributed database servers and classic relational databases to modern document-oriented systems and data warehouses—and learn how to choose the best solution for you.
- What is a database?
- Why do you need a database?
- ER Digrams
- Choosing primary keys
- Identifying columns and selecting data types
- Defining relationships: one-to-one, one-to-many, and many-to-many
- Understanding normalization
- Creating queries to create, insert, update, and delete data
- Understanding indexing and stored procedures
- Exploring your database options